• Monday, December 24, 2007

    What's your style?

    I'm a funky flower child who loves sparkle and Hollywood glamour with a punky twist. Fashion trends . . . I follow them very loosely, adding my own creative touch so I maintain my uniqueness.

    My mom taught me the lesson of being unique while trying to help me "fit in" with the rest of my teenage friends wearing designer clothes my parents could not afford. Since she was a seamstress and taught me her trade . . . as I learned the lesson in being uniquely fashionable, I was the designer of the clothes I wore. In the end, I was one of the best dressed kids at school and was respected for my flair to be different.

    As an adult, I have learned different ways of unique style with accessories and have made my own jewelry and hair accessories. Especially now, since I buy and sell mainly vintage costume jewelry and jewelry findings, I have boxes and boxes of a wide range of jewelry and supplies to play with. I love mixing the old with the new, like taking an element from an old pair of earrings and adding some new findings to come up with an entirely different look that I need to match an outfit or a mood. I've made my own purses or reinvent an old one to look new to match an outfit . . . I love to play with shoes too.

    Although I am most influenced by the look of the 80's, I can best describe my style as glamour with a punky twist. If I think I can get away with it, I add rhinestones to whatever . . . I love the sparkle of rhinestones. Reminds me of the Gwen Stefani glam fashion look that I love so much and the sparkle and glamour of Cher.

    Don't be afraid to experiment with your style, be bold and please don't look like everyone else . . . that reminds me of a herd of sheep . . .


    No comments: